Sous Chef ~ Weekdays ~ Scratch Meals!Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Check out this video about what we do (we know you'll love it!):
- 40 hour work week, some overtime
- Weekend and weeknight functions
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive wages paid weekly
- Career opportunity with a growing company
- Oversee the production of high quality, scratch, batch cooking
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Maintain accurate production logs
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Oversee the creation of the menus
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and customer relationships and foster community
- Assist with and deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience
- High volume upscale catering experience
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Strong administrative abilities including organization and computer skills
- Awesome team development skills
- Knowledge of and passion for current food trends
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Culinary degree is a plus, but not required
Join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
Submit your resume today, and realize your potential with SAGE.
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
Full-time positions offer benefits.
SAGE offers many opportunities for career advancement.