Steward/ Prep CookGahanna, Ohio
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a full-time, motivated Steward/Prep Cook
Looking for a Full Time Steward/ Prep Cook position for a private day school in Gahanna, Ohio.
This is an entry level position with opportunity for growth and advancement.
Check out this video about what we do (we know you'll love it!):
- Family friendly hours
- Monday through Friday 7:00 AM-3:30 PM
What you get:
- Daily training
- Competitive weekly pay ($13.00-$15.00 per hour)
- An awesome team
- A start to your career with a growing company
What you'll do:
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, trays & cookware for meal periods
- Put away deliveries
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen
- Manage Trash, Recycling and Composting
- Sweep and mop floors
- Keep workspace clean & organized by following a daily cleaning schedule
- Some food prep may be required
- Follow all food safety & sanitation guidelines
- Interact kindly every day with students, staff, & team
- Work in a great team environment!
What you need:
- Ability to read and write in English, use simple math, follow and give oral and written instructions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to keep all stock areas neat and clean.
- Ability to understand and apply FIFO inventory procedures.
Our Mission is to create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds and foster community. We work in partnership with independent schools and private colleges across North America who share our passion for great food, nutrition and sustainability.
Join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
Submit your resume today, and realize your potential with SAGE.
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some positions.
Full-time positions offer benefits.
SAGE offers many opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer