Hourly Executive Chef ~ Weekdays!Chesterland/ Gates Mills , Ohio
Come join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
Check out this video about what we do (we know you'll love it!):
- Full-time, day hours (occasional nights required)
- Monday - Friday (occasional weekends required)
- Health Benefits and Retirement Benefits
- Daily training
- Uniforms and shoes
- Appreciative community of awesome people!
- Competitive weekly pay: $15-17 (based on talent and experience)
- Quality of life - most weekends and holidays off!!!
- Career opportunity (we love to promote from within!)
What you'll do:
- Second in command in the kitchen
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Follow food safety protocol
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Assist the Food Service Director with inventory
- Make seasonal menus
- Be in charge of food ordering
- Assist with catering
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Delegate tasks to other team members
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Interact with community
- Smile and have fun!
What you need:
- Professional cooking and leadership experience
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience required
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- Culinary degree preferred, but not required
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills and computer literacy
- Ability to delegate and manage team members
Join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
Submit your resume today, and realize your potential with SAGE.
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some positions.
Full-time positions offer benefits.
SAGE offers many opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer