Experienced Sous Chef ~ Great Schedule!Morris and Surrounding Counties, New Jersey
Come join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
Check out this video about what we do (we know you'll love it!):
- Full-time, day hours (occasional nights required)
- One holiday required (rotates with other cooks)
- Daily training
- Uniforms and shoes
- Appreciative community of awesome people!
- Competitive wages paid weekly
- Career opportunity (we love to promote from within!)
- Opportunities for overtime hours to work catered events
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Follow food safety protocol
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Assist the management team with inventory
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Delegate tasks to other team members
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Keep team members on track with cleaning and production duties
- Smile and have fun!
- Professional cooking and leadership experience - 2 years
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience required
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- ServSafe Certification
- Culinary degree preferred, but not required
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills and computer literacy
- Ability to delegate and manage team members
Join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
Submit your resume today, and realize your potential with SAGE.
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
Full-time positions offer benefits.
SAGE offers many opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer