SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an On Call Sous Chef for a Beautiful Independent School in Kents Hill, Maine.
Come join a dedicated culinary team who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
What you get:
- Uniforms and shoes
- Appreciative community of great people!
- Competitive wage
What you'll do:
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Follow food safety protocol
- Keep accurate production logs
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Help with delegate tasks to other team members
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Keep team members on track with catering events
- Smile and have fun!
What you need:
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience required
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- Culinary degree preferred, but not required
- High volume banquet/catering experience a plus
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take the lead
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Pre-employment background checks and drug screens required.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer