Food Service Director ~ Hands on ~ Boarding SchoolEast Haddam, Connecticut
We are seeking a true culinary manager to design and produce menus, manage ordering and inventory and our kitchen team. Our best managers are as skilled in front of the house presentation and showmanship as they are in the kitchen and have, above all, outstanding customer service skills.
What you will do:
- Produce high quality scratch batch cooking
- Manage and train the kitchen staff
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Create menus
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Manage ordering and inventory
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management
- Strong administrative abilities
- Awesome team development skills
- Catering experience
- High energy and stamina
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Community/ service minded
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Big smile
- Culinary degree preferred but not required
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
Pre-employment background checks and drug screens required.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer