Assistant Food Service Director ~ Private College ~ In the MountainsCresson, Pennsylvania
You will be part of a three manager food service team executing meal service and all catering events for this college community. Catering events can range from simple coffee service to dinner parties to large scale outdoor events and of course, graduations!
At SAGE every meal is an opportunity to showcase exceptional food. The best candidate will have extensive experience in overseeing the planning and executing catering events from managing, hiring and training of the catering staff to meeting, planning, costing and bringing to fruition fabulous catering results.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Community catering management and coordination
- Manage decor and merchandising
- Manage social media campaigns for special events & daily menu items
- Maintain HACCP standards
- Develop strong client and customer relationships
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Create a positive team environment
- Follow and ensure SAGE standards and uphold SAGE mission
- Assist General Manager with overall operational management
- Follow SAGE Standards
- Minimum three years hands-on catering experience executing large scale catering events
- Culinary background a plusExperience hiring and training catering staff
- Strong customer service skills
- Prior location management experience (closing/opening skills)
- Knowledge of all things catering: set ups, menu process, client meetings
- Fluency in sanitation and safety standards
- Planning and organizational proficiency
- High energy, positive attitude and superior ethics
- Dynamic get-it-done work ethic
- Incredible work history and amazing references
- Ability to process catering invoices
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
Pre-employment background/credit/fingerprint check and drug screens required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer