Sous Chef ~ High Volume ~ Daytime Hours!Morris County, New Jersey
Come join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
Check out this video about what we do (we know you'll love it!):
- Full-time, day hours (occasional nights required)
- One holiday required (rotates with other cooks)
- Daily training
- Uniforms and shoes
- Appreciative community of awesome people
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $19/hr
- Career opportunity (we love to promote from within!)
- Opportunities for overtime hours to work catered events
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Follow food safety protocol
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Assist the management team with inventory
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Delegate tasks to other team members
- Maintain a clean and organized work space, kitchen and storage areas
- Keep team members on track with cleaning and production duties
- Smile and have fun!
- Two years of professional cooking and leadership experience
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience required
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- ServSafe Certification
- Culinary degree preferred, but not required
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills and computer literacy
- Ability to delegate and manage team member
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Pre-employment background checks and drug screens required.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer