Chef Manager ~ Beautiful Day School ~ Campus DiningLivingston, New Jersey
The Assistant Director/Chef Manager is responsible for supporting the Director with all aspects of the account: catering, service, production, sanitation, team development and financial performance. Our best candidate will have strong culinary skills; we do scratch batch cooking using local ingredients. Our managers should be as skilled in front of the house presentation as they are in the kitchen.
What you will do:
- create cycle menus
- aid in the management and training of staff
- recruit hourly team members
- demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- implement and maintain HACCP standards
- develop client and customer relationships
- deliver fabulous catering results
- communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- create a positive team environment
- at least 3 years of prior food service management experience
- proven catering experience
- knowledgeable in current food trends
- community/ service minded
- energetic demeanor
- strong work ethic and integrity
- timely responses to communication
- proficiency with computers
- hands on culinary experience
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
Pre-employment background checks and drug screens required.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer