General Manager ~ College Campus DiningWashington, District of Columbia
The GM manages ALL of the food service needs on the campus including managing the Executive Chef and the hourly team. The GM should have FOH and BOH experience. We hire candidates who are "foodies" and are knowledgeable in current food trends and nutrition.
What you need:
- Minimum three years years as a GM with a executive chef background required
- Strong leadership abilities including recruiting, retaining and training team members
- Demonstrated food service experience including strong culinary skills
- Fluency in sanitation and safety standards, including HACCP
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to wow the student population and keep them interested in menu
- Social media skills
- High energy, positive attitude, superior ethics
- Familiarity with financial statements and management reporting
- Proven ability to financially manage a food service operation in a responsible manner
- Prior campus dining experience is a huge plus
- Plan high quality menus and manage production of the menus
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Recruit, hire and train the team
- Oversee all merchandising and marketing
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop and nurtutre client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results and exceed client expectations
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Follow and ensure SAGE standards
- Promote SAGE values of Integrity, Partnership, Extreme Ownership, Respect, Education and Innovation
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
Pre-employment background checks and drug screens required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer