Executive Chef ~ Westbank of New OrleansNew Orleans, Louisiana
The Executive Chef is responsible for supporting the General Manager with all aspects of the account: catering, service, production, sanitation, team development and financial performance.
The Executive Chef must have a passion for people and food. The Candidate will have a CAN DO!! attitude, strong communication skills, high energy and enthusiasm. The best candidate will enjoy current food trends, and have nutritional and wellness awareness. In addition, the ideal employee will have great skills: people, planning, organizational, computer, and customer service.
The best candidate will have strong culinary skills; we do scratch batch cooking using local ingredients.
The executive chef should be as skilled in front of the house presentation as he/she is in the kitchen.
- Daily training
- Appreciative community
- Competitive weekly pay
- Career opportunity (we love to promote from within!)
What you will do:
- Create cycle menus
- Aid in the management and training of staff
- Recruitment of hourly team members
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Create a positive team environment
- Other duties as assigned
What you need:
- 3 years or more of prior food service management experience
- Proven catering experience
- Knowledgeable in current food trends
- Community/ service minded
- Energetic demeanor
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Timely responses to communication
- Proficiency with computers
- Culinary degree is preferred
- High volume production experience
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
Pre-employment background checks and drug screens required.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer