Director of Conferences and Special Events~ Private CollegeChambersburg, Pennsylvania
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an experienced conference planner to promote, sell, and manage meeting space. This is a full time, salaried (with benefits) position.
Do you have experience promoting and delivering outstanding meeting planning results? Have you fabulous communication skills and are ready for that next challenge?
Here are a few details of what the job entails:
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Communicating with operations about client requests
- Meet and exceed client expectations based on the services offered
- Hands on position, in other words, you sell the space and manage the event
- Achieving sales and financial objectives.
- Meet with clients and give site tours
- Conducts sales promotion campaigns by developing strategies
- Supervising production of promotional materials
- Negotiates fees and arrangements, keeping accurate financial records
- Arranges for all hospitality requirements of clients
- Weekly review meetings with the food service management team
- Aids in the overall location managements of a college campus food service operation
These are the skills and qualifications we seek:
- At least two years experience in event planning
- Additional experience in contract food service/hospitality preferred
- Strong, demonstrated communication skills (oral and written)
- Planning and organizational proficiency
- Proven Sales experience in advertising, cold calling, developing leads
- Manage time independently
- High energy, positive attitude, superior ethics
- Some experience with conference scheduling software
- Computer literacy: internet, spreadsheets and word processing
- Presentation Skills
- Customer & Quality Focus
- Knowledge of meeting space set ups
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience managing other employees
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
Submit your resume today, and realize your potential with SAGE.
Check out this video about what we do:
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
Credit check and/or driving check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer.