Executive Chef ~ Campus Dining ~ Prestigious Day SchoolNewtown Square, Pennsylvania
If you are in the restaurant or hotel industry and are tired of all the late nights, holidays and crazy hours, think about campus dining. Sure, the trade-off of working a weekday schedule primarily (with special events now and then) is a reduced salary, but think about the rewards of having a life!
What you will do:
- Oversee the production of high quality, scratch, batch cooking
- Produce daily lunch for an all inclusive program for 1,000 on weekdays and for special events
- Maintain HACCP standards & ensure all guidelines are being followed
- Foster community relationships
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Create menus
- Mentor the culinary team
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Aid in the hiring and mentoring of the team
- Oversee ordering and inventory
- Incredible company with growth opportunities
- Mission based company of which you can be proud
- Fair compensation and benefits
- Work/life balance
- Flexibility to write menus and submit recipes
- Training and Awesome leadership team
- You will meet the owners and learn firsthand our mission
- High Volume experience Required
- Ability to follow set recipes as well as assist others with following and understanding recipes
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with community
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- High energy and stamina
- Serv-Safe certified with the knowledge of food safety
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Community/ service minded
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Culinary degree a plus but not required
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
Want to know more about SAGE?
Check out this video about what we do:
Pre-employment background/credit check and drug screen required.
Equal Opportunity Employer