Lead Cook/Chef ~ Private SchoolHouston, Texas
This is truly a culinary position--our meals are made from scratch daily for our community
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Monday - Friday
- Evening catering hours available
- Starting August and following a school schedule
- Summers Off!
What you get:
- Benefits for full-time positions
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive pay
- Paid weekly
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Provide catering at the highest standard
- Prepare a diverse range of foods
- Adhere to from scratch recipes
- Assist GM with overseeing daily kitchen operations
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Serve food to the student and faculty community
What you need:
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and perform some heavy lifting.
- Professional cooking experience
- Culinary Degree preferred but not required
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Ability to follow recipes and communicate in English
- Bilingual a plus!
- Strong Catering background.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer