Cook ~ Near St. Thomas Hospital!Nashville, Tennessee
We pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our kitchen, and are looking for an experienced and passionate Cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing multiple cuisines, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. You will assist the Chef in daily production as well as oversee service. If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit an application to us today.
- Monday - Friday 7:00 - 3:30
- Evening and occasional weekend caterings required
- Starting in August and following a school schedule
What you get:
- Benefits for full-time positions
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive pay - $18/hour
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Prepare a diverse range of foods to include international regions
- Adhere to from scratch recipes
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Using proper food handling, storage and sanitation techniques at all times (HACCP)
- Oversee/Assist in service of daily menu to the student and faculty community
- Assist in Menu Development
- Prepare and maintain daily production records
- Properly record temperatures on temp logs and take appropriate corrective actions
What you need:
- Professional cooking experience
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Ability to follow recipes and communicate in English
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and perform some heavy lifting
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
An Equal Opportunity Employer