Pastry Cook / Line Server ~ Near St. Thomas HospitalNashville, Tennessee
We pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our kitchen, and are looking for an experienced and passionate Pastry Cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing multiple types of desserts from scratch, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. You will prepare daily pastries, desserts, cakes, etc. in daily production as well as serve during daily service. If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit an application to us today.
- Monday - Friday 6:30 - 3:00
- Evening and occasional weekend caterings required
- Starting in August and following a school schedule
What you get:
- Benefits for full-time positions
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive pay - $16/hour
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Preparing a wide variety of baked goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, etc.
- Decorating and presenting of baked goods
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and communicate
- with the Chef to order
- Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety
- Adhere to from scratch recipes
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Using proper food handling, storage and sanitation techniques at all times (HACCP)
- Oversee/Assist in service of daily menu to the student and faculty community
- Assist in Menu Development
- Prepare and maintain daily production records
- Properly record temperatures on temp logs and take appropriate corrective actions
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
Pre-employment background checks and drug screens required.
Credit check and/or driving check required for some opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer