Writer / Editor ~ No Two Days are Alike ~Lutherville, Maryland
The Writer/Editor is responsible for writing, revising, and proofreading communications and marketing copy that hones and furthers SAGE's mission to its target audiences while ensuring a consistent voice.
You’ll work in a fast-paced environment where your creative juices will be called upon to craft communications, articles, marketing pieces, and stories for clients and Team Members. You’ll learn and write about trending topics in food, nutrition, wellness, and student dining. You’ll be part of a dynamic and creative marketing team and collaborate with dedicated Home Office professionals including Chefs, Dietitians, Programmers, and Designers.
Ready to join a marketing team that’s committed to delivering quality communications?
What you do:
- Research, develop, write, and edit a wide variety of written communications in support of internal Team Members and client communications, including SAGE’s biannual magazine and quarterly marketing newsletter, Team Member intranet and email newsletters, blog posts, press releases, social media posts, training materials, fact sheets, menus, videos, frequently asked questions, manuals, and white papers.
- Develop stories and testimonials by establishing and maintaining relationships with SAGE Managers.
- Editing and enhancing persuasive business development materials, sales proposals, and sales presentations.
- Follow company style guide and AP style, and ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency in content, brand identity, and tone.
- Participate in Marketing Department meetings.
- Provide fresh ideas for new projects across departments.
- Recommend appropriate communications and marketing approaches based on experience and knowledge of industry.
- Other duties as needed and based on experience and interest.
- Values of Integrity, Partnership, Extreme Ownership, Respect, Education, and Innovation are evident in your everyday work and this will resonate in the writing that you produce.
- Mission-driven culture based on extreme ownership and team mentality.
- Incredible marketing team who is focused on working together to develop ideas and produce material that further SAGE initiatives.
- Benefits includes PTO/Life/Health/Dental/Vision/Health/401(k)/Disability.
- Beautiful offices in convenient location just off the Beltway in scenic Lutherville.
- Free parking.
- Casual dress.
- Bachelor’s degree required; English or Communications major preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in editing, researching, and writing; proficiency in AP style.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team.
- One year of prior writing experience is required.
- Great references and solid work history.
- Adobe InDesign® experience a plus.
SAGE Dining Services® is defining the standard in food service for independent schools and colleges throughout the North America. SAGE's unparalleled expertise in nutrition, culinary trends, and community involvement produces exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Learn more at sagedining.com.
Our Home Office in Lutherville, MD is located just outside the Baltimore Beltway (695) and houses robust teams in Accounting, Human Resources, Technology, Marketing, Nutrition, and Procurement. These departments support a market of approximately 275 venues and more than 3,200 field staff. SAGE is a privately-owned company whose culinary talent, integrity, and transparency has fueled sustained organic growth for 30 years.
Check out this video about what we do:
Pre-employment background/credit check and drug screen required.
If you decide to apply, please include a cover letter.
An Equal Opportunity Employer