Experienced Cook $15.00 ~ Great Schedule ~ Private School!Houston, Texas
Do you have a passion for cooking and being creative, but tired of working all those holidays, evenings, and weekends in a restaurant or country club? This is a true culinary position as we prepare our menu from scratch daily!
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
• Monday - Friday
• Occasional catering events on evenings and weekends
What you get:
• Daily training
• Appreciative community
• Competitive weekly pay
• Career opportunity (we love to promote from within!)
What you'll do:
• Adhere to from-scratch recipes with precision
• Follow food safety protocol
• Maintain a clean and organized work space
• Daily production of breakfast and lunch for students
• Assist in banquets and other catered events
• Handle and prepare a diverse range of foods
• Assist with set-up, service, and clean-up of food production
• Interact with client community in a friendly manner
What you need:
• 2 years of professional cooking experience required
• Substantial and diverse culinary knowledge & creativity
• Culinary degree preferred, but not required
• Friendly demeanor and exceptional people skills
• Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to properly set up a buffet or serving station
• Ability to work well with others and coordinate multiple projects at once
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer