Senior Category Manager ~ Food ServiceLutherville, Maryland
Join a company whose mission and service are unsurpassed, whose values you can stand behind, and whose dynamic yet relaxed environment offers an authentic work-life balance.
At SAGE, we're known for creating exceptional dining experiences for independent schools and colleges in North America. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; we cook from scratch in small batches; and we work to educate students on healthy food choices.
Our Home Office houses robust teams in accounting, human resources, technology, marketing, nutrition and procurement that support a market of 275 venues and more than 3,300 field staff. SAGE is a privately-owned company whose culinary talent, integrity, and transparency has fueled sustained organic growth.
What you get:
- Annual Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits: health/life/disability/vision/dental/401(k)
- Flexible work environment
- Awesome team culture
- Career opportunities in growing company
- Mission based company
- Leverage Spend
- Rationalize SKUs
- Optimize Rebates
- Drive Standardization
- Manage Manufacturer Performance
- Develop the overall category strategy
- Work collaboratively with Procurement team members overseeing current categories
- Create processes for analyzing current and future categories that supports growth
- Develop new category management programs
- Strategize long-term company category management approach
- Contract management
- Vendor Negotiations
- Reports to Director of Supply Chain
- Bachelor's degree or MBA, required
- Food product knowledge
- Minimum 10 years Food service procurement experience including 3 years management experience
- Experience with category management strategy, vendor evaluation, contracts, supply chain improvement, business management consulting, long term strategic planning
- Experience with long-term category planning and strategy
- Diverse purchasing experience with various foodservice sectors including center of the plate, dairy, frozen, produce, non-foods, temp labor, beverage, uniforms, and food commodities and understanding of a national supply chain
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Process oriented
- Demonstrated Knowledge of Category Management and proven results
- Ability to communicate effectively regarding category status, observations, and recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to accurately analyze data and synthesize into strategic category options
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Post your resume today and realize your potential with SAGE.
An Equal Opportunity Employer