Chef ~ West Bank of New Orleans ~ Weekdays!New Orleans, Louisiana
- Partner to the Food Service Director
- Occasional events outside of regular schedule
- Follows school calendar
What you get:
- Daily training
- Competitive weekly pay
- Career growth opportunity
- An education in food service
What you'll do:
- Be a partner to the Food Service Director
- Be a partner to an amazing community of talented teachers and students
- Assist in ordering and inventory
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Follow food safety protocol
- Assist with catering events and planning of catering events
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Inspire and motivate team members by keeping a positive environment!
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Interact with community
What you need:
- A "Get it done" attitude!
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience required
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills and computer literacy
- ServSafe certification is a plus
- Reliable Transportation
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Everyone grows with SAGE. We encourage our Team Members to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. We enthusiastically promote from within.
An Equal Opportunity Employer