Sous Chef ~ Private SchoolHebron, Maine
This is truly a culinary position--our meals are made from scratch daily for our community.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Sunday to Thursday
- Sunday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Monday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- Tuesday to Thursday: 6:00 am - 1:30 pm
- 7 day/week operation
- Additional hours to assist with catered events as needed
- Daily training
- Appreciative community
- Competitive wages paid weekly:
- Career opportunity (we love to promote from within!)
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Completing temps and production records
- Culinary Degree preferred
- Professional cooking experience
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Ability to follow recipes
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time
- Perform some heavy lifting
- Must be able to multi-task
- Cooking experience in mass production
- ServSafe certification is a plus
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefit, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.