Accounting GeneralistLutherville, Maryland
Join a company whose mission and service are unsurpassed, whose values you can stand behind, and whose dynamic yet relaxed environment offers an authentic work-life balance.
At SAGE, we're known for creating exceptional dining experiences for independent schools and colleges in North America. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; we cook from scratch in small batches; and we work to educate students on healthy food choices.
Our Home Office houses robust teams in accounting, human resources, technology, marketing, nutrition and purchasing that support a market of 250 venues and more than 3,300 field staff. SAGE is a privately-owned company whose culinary talent, integrity, and transparency has fueled sustained organic growth.
What you get:
- Annual Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits: health/life/disability/vision/dental/401(k)
- Flexible work environment
- Awesome team culture
- Career opportunities in growing company
- Mission based company
- Manage and process monthly transactions in AP, AR, Cash Reconciliation and GL
- Create financial transactions and generate reports
- Monitor credit card charges, payment discrepancies, refunds, returns and miscellaneous charges
- Record journal entries
- Research / analyze supporting data and resolve discrepancies
- Track bank deposits
- Assemble financial data for audits
- Monitor tax payments and compile information for tax filings
- Leverage critical thinking skills in performing all work
- Display professional communication with our management team, clients, and vendors
- Perform special projects and ad hoc requests as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- minimum two years accounting experience
- Experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Reconciliation and General Ledger
- Experience with bank reconciliation and tracking credit card transactions
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (including formulas)
- Critical thinking skills
- Amazing references
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and operate under and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills
Check out this video about what we do:
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Post your resume today, and realize your potential with SAGE.
An Equal Opportunity Employer