Lead Cook ~ Private Day School ~ Monday - Friday ~ Scratch KitchenGahanna, Ohio
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Monday- Friday
- 7:00 AM -3:00 PM
- Occasional evening and weekend catering events. Scheduled with notice.
- Monday-Friday Summer hours
- 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Follows school schedule: 2 weeks off for winter break and spring break. Additional time off throughout the year
- Free lunch
- Competitive weekly pay
- Career growth opportunity
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service
- Follow food safety protocol / HACCP
- Assist with catering events
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands on!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Keep accurate production logs
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Interact with the students and faculty community in a friendly way
- Substantial culinary knowledge and prior cooking experience required
- Time management skills
- Familiarity with diverse styles of cuisine & food safety procedures
- Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
- Strong organizational skills
- ServSafe certification is a plus
- Ability to work well with a team
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.