Food Service DirectorParkland, Florida
We are seeking a true culinary manager to design menus, produce menus, handle ordering and inventory and manage our kitchen team AND deliver exceptional dining experiences for this community. Our best managers are as skilled in front of the house presentation and showmanship as they are in the kitchen and have above all, outstanding customer service skills.
What you will do:
- Daily management of the kitchen and food service.
- Daily execution of the approved menu in conjunction with the production team.
- Daily verification of all station compliance for quality and company standards.
- Weekly schedule management.
- HACCP program management.
- Maintaining client relationships and community presence.
- Work force evaluation.
- Overall responsibility for the operation and all its parts.
- Solid Chef/Culinarian.
- Ability to lead a team in a positive manner.
- Organized and methodical.
- Strong interpersonal skills and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong restaurant finance acumen (Food cost, Labor cost management)
- Strong planning and problem solving skills.
- Culinary degree preferred but not required
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.