Technical Project Manager ~ Agile Business AnalystLutherville, Maryland
How about for a company that offers growth, stability and opportunity?
Then look no further, we want to speak with you.
You must have a track record or show significant potential in delivering amazing software solutions.
We're looking for bright and energetic Agile project managers / Technical Project Managers (PM) to support the creation of enterprise applications that run our business as well as aiding the development team with new projects. You will be a key part of our agile development team that is responsible for creating custom applications that uniquely serve SAGE's business needs.
Applications cover the realm of enterprise software including CRM systems, ERP systems, as well as dining service industry applications dealing with recipe and menu management, food safety and supply chain management.
What you will do:
• Analyze and create project stories on your own and in collaboration with project stakeholders as well as other members of our development team
• Perform PMP type project management tasks.
• Guide the team on how to self-organize and plan work into enabling features and stories along program increments and sprints.
• Facilitate a culture of getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution with product owners and team members.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of system development life cycle (SDLC) models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• Demonstrate a proven track record of successfully implementing systems development projects using Agile methodologies.
• Possess prior experience with SCRUM/Agile/Kanban methodologies with enterprise-level systems projects.
• Possess enough technical expertise to provide highly-credible leadership to teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
• Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
What you need:
• Awareness and experience with Agile techniques: Epics/Features/Stories, Burndown Retrospectives, etc.
• Possess effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools/methodologies:
o Agile Project Management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo etc.
o Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
• Scrum Master certification
• SAFe, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 3 or more years related professional experience.
What you get:
SAGE Dining Services offers a casual working environment in Lutherville, MD, just off the Baltimore beltway. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package, a matching 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community, with more than 3,000 Team Members who share a passion for culinary excellence. You’d be joining our Home Office, which brings together robust teams in Technology, Human Resources, Accounting, Marketing, Nutrition, and Purchasing. In this collaborative environment, you’d help develop and update the innovative solutions that have made SAGE an industry leader and benefited client communities.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at other companies. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Companywide trainings and events enable Team Members to enhance their skill set, develop their working relationships with one another, and become better connected to SAGE’s mission.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
U.S. Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.