Prep Cook ~ Weekdays ~ $13/hr!St Petersburg, Florida
Any position at SAGE can easily become a career; we promote from within and value our team's talents! Our meals are made from scratch, so you can feel good about the food you create every day.
Check out this video about what we do (we know you'll love it!):
- Monday-Friday 8 AM - 4 PM
- Catering events scheduled with notice outside the normal workday
What you'll get:
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive wages paid weekly ($13 per hour)
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Have a list of daily tasks to complete
- Provide food to the client, school and faculty community
- Prepare meals including salads, deli meats, deli salads, fruits and beverages
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Show off your amazing customer service skills
- Keep a clean & organized kitchen
- Interact kindly every day with students, staff, and team
- Work in a great team environment!
What you need:
- Awesome attitude; a smile is the best part of the uniform!
- Solid work history and great references
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and do some heavy lifting
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- A flexible schedule putting SAGE and the needs of the school first over any outside employment
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.