Food Service Worker ~ On-Call ~ Flexible Schedule!Livingston, New Jersey
We are looking for a rockstar who can do prepping, cooking, dish washing/utility work, cashiering, catering, and shine in the front of the house. Grow your food service skills in a fast-paced, community-based working environment!
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Any hours between 6:00a.m. - 4:15p.m.
- Occasional weekends and evenings for catering events.
- Additional hours may be available at other nearby locations
- Competitive pay: $14/hr
- Career growth opportunity
- Varies depending on the needs for the day; can include, but not limited to:
- Work a touch-screen cash register
- Sweep, mop, take out trash
- Put away food orders
- Wash pots and pans
- Set up events and perform front of house duties
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Interact with the students and faculty community in a friendly manner
- Follow all food safety protocols
- Food service experience required, preferable in either contract food or institutional
- Fabulous customer services skill; your smile is part of the uniform
- Flexible availability
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time & lift 50 lbs
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.