Food Service WorkerSeattle, Washington
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking Food Service Workers for a beautiful private school in Seattle.
Any position at SAGE can easily become a career; we promote from within and value our team's talents! Our meals are made from scratch, so you can feel good about the food you create every day.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
On Call or Part-time
· Monday - Friday
· 5:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
· Occasional catering events on evenings and weekends
What you get:
· Daily training
· Appreciative community
· Competitive weekly pay $18.50 + pending experience
· Career opportunity - we love to promote from within!
What you'll do:
· Adhere from-scratch recipes with precision
· Follow food safety protocol
· Maintain a clean and organized work space
· Daily production of breakfast and lunch for students
· Assist in banquets and other catered events
· Handle and prepare a divers range of foods
· Assist with set-up, service and clean up of food production
· Interact with client community in a friendly manner
What you need:
· A great attitude is what you must have first and foremost!
· 2 yrs of professional cooking experience required
· Substantial and diverse culinary knowledge & creativity
· Culinary degree preferred, but not required
· Friendly demeanor and exceptional people skills
· Ability to read and write in English and use simple math
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to properly set up a buffet or serving station
· Ability to work well with others and coordinate multiple projects at once
· Ability to stand for long period of time
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.