Cold Prep Cook ~ $14-15/HR ~ Weekdays!Alexandria, Virginia
This person would be responsible for composing specified recipes daily, setting up and breaking down service lines, cleaning, and serving our community. This location is an 8 minute walk from the AT2 bus line, which is accessible from the King Street Metro station.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Plus overtime weekly
- Follows school schedule
- An awesome team
- Free lunch
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $14-$15!
- Positive community interaction
- Career with growth opportunity
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Keep servery clean and full
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Interact kindly everyday with students, staff, and team
- Prepare meals including salads, fruits, and beverages
- Assist in resetting kitchen & dining hall after meal periods
- Work in a great team environment!
- At least 2 years experience
- Knife skills and food safety knowledge
- Awesome attitude; a smile is part of the uniform!
- Reliability and flexibility in schedules
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.