Lead Cook/Sous Chef ~ Scratch Cooking ~ Private School!Bethesda, Maryland
- Monday – Friday
- 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Occasional weekends and evenings for catering events
- Daily training
- Competitive wages paid weekly $18+/hr
- Career growth opportunity
- Adhere strictly to from-scratch recipes
- Ability to prepare a divers range of foods
- Interact with the student and faculty community in a friendly way
- Follow all food safety protocol
- Work with a great team o f culinary talent
- Lead Cook / Sous Chef experience
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent people skills and a friendly disposition
- Ability to follow recipes in English
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.