Chef Manager ~ Private Day School ~ High Volume ~ Retail VenueBrooklandville, Maryland
Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus, written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors and culinary styles. Our culinary teams' cooking methods, recipe development and expertise make every dining experience truly unique. Our catering events rival five star restaurants.
Check out this video about what we do:
So if you absolutely have a passion for food, want to have a schedule that is more "life friendly" than that of a restaurant, contact us today. Our best managers are as skilled in front of the house presentation and showmanship as they are in the kitchen.
This is a management salaried year-round position.
What you get:
- Appreciative community
- Beautiful work environment
- Awesome team
- Career opportunities in growing company
- District manager, Area Manager and Regional Manager all promoted from within as your leaders
- produce high quality scratch batch cooking
- manage and train the kitchen staff
- demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- create menus
- implement and maintain HACCP standards
- develop client and customer relationships
- deliver fabulous catering results
- communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- deliver budgeted financial results
- create a positive team environment
- manage ordering and inventory
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience, academic community experience a plus
- high volume production experience, minimum three years
- high end catering experience
- high energy
- experience in merchandising and retail sales
- knowledgeable in current food trends
- community/ service minded
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.