Garde Manger/Deli Prep ~ $14/HR ~ Weekdays!Raleigh, North Carolina
Looking for a motivated Garde Manger to run two salad bars and making basic desserts during lunch service for a preK-12 day school. We provide scratch made dressing, house roasted proteins, fresh toppings, fresh fruit, byo salad bar, byo yogurt bar, and more!
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- 7:30a.m. - 3:30p.m.
- Occasional evening catering hours available
- Summers off
- Follows school calendar
- An awesome team
- Free lunch
- Competitive wages paid weekly
- Positive community interaction
- A career with growth opportunity
- Follow daily cleaning schedule
- Follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Prepare salads bar items
- Ability to follow precise recipes
- Interact kindly every day with students, staff, and team
- Assist in setting kitchen & dining hall before and after meal periods, and maintain salad bar during service
- Work in a great team environment!
- Awesome attitude; a smile is part of the uniform!
- Reliability and flexibility in schedule
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.