Prep Cook/Server~ Catering Available ~ Private School ~ Great TeamBrookline, Massachusetts
This person would be responsible for preparing from-scratch food items, setting up and cleaning serving lines, and assisting the chef as needed.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Full Time
- Occasional Weekends and Evenings for Catered Events
- Follows School Calendar
- Competitive benefits package
- Daily Training
- Uniform/ shoes
- Competitive salary $18+ based on experience
- Weekly pay
- Career growth opportunity
- Overtime available
- Light baking, with strict adherence to SAGE recipes
- High volume prep work
- Maintain FOH, keeping stations filled and keeping the space clean and sanitary
- Help with catered events both during the normal shift and occasional evenings
- Interact with school community in a friendly manner
- Strong work ethic in a fasted pasted environment
- Ability to work long hours on your feet
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Ability to read and write in English, second language a plus
- Experience a plus but not required
- Culinary education preferred
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.