Sous Chef ~ Weekdays ~ Private School $18/hr+St Petersburg, Florida
This is truly a culinary position--our meals are made from scratch daily for our community.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Monday - Friday 7am - 3 pm
- Additional hours to assist with catered events as needed
What you get:
- Daily training
- Appreciative community
- Competitive wages paid weekly: Starting at $18/hr based on experience
- Career opportunity (we love to promote from within!)
What you'll do:
- Prepare a diverse range of foods for 1200 students & faculty
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Some administrative work ie, ordering, inventory, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Assist other team members with additional work
- Handle food while maintaining safety standards
- Completing temps and production records
What you need:
- Culinary Degree preferred but not necessary
- Professional cooking experience
- A friendly demeanor, your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Solid work history and great references
- Ability to follow recipes
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time
- Perform some heavy lifting
- Must be able to multi-task
- Cooking experience in mass production
- ServSafe certification is a plus
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.