Chef Manager / Food Service Director ~ High Volume ~ Private Day SchoolBrooklyn, New York
SAGE Dining Services® is looking for a talented, hands-on Chef Manager with high volume production experience for private day school in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn.
Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus, written by our chefs and prepared from scratch, reflect local and regional foods, flavors, and culinary styles. Our culinary teams' cooking methods, recipe development, and expertise make every dining experience truly unique.
If you absolutely have a passion for food, want to have a schedule that is more "life friendly" than that of a restaurant, contact us today. Our best managers are as skilled in front of the house presentation and showmanship as they are in the kitchen.
What you need:
- Love for the food business
- Pledge to serve quality food at every meal
- High volume production experience
- Leadership skills, not just management skills
- Culinary knowledge, degree preferred
- Commitment to food safety at all times
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Servsafe Certification
- Minimum five years high volume production experience
What you get:
- Mission based company with values you can be proud of
- Ability to influence youth on nutritious and healthful eating
- Opportunity to submit recipes to our collection
- Creative outlet to show your expertise in all different cuisines
- Ability to enjoy all aspects of food including nutritional value and cultural and social aspects
- Campus community work environment
- Benefits: Health/Life/Vision/Dental/Disability/401(k)
- Promotion Opportunities
- A Leadership team who all have been in your shoes...District Manager, Area Manager & Regional Manager have all been promoted from within
What you will do:
- Produce high quality scratch batch cooking
- Manage and train your kitchen staff of 5
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Create varied menus for an all-inclusive meal service
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Foster a positive team environment
- Manage ordering and inventory
- Overall responsibility for the operation and all its parts
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.