Editor ~ No Two Days are Alike ~ Join the Editing Team!Lutherville, Maryland
The Editor is responsible for editing, proofreading, and revising sales and marketing copy that hones and furthers SAGE's mission to its target audiences while ensuring a consistent voice.
You’ll work in a fast-paced environment where your attention to detail will be called upon to enhance, edit, and fact-check sales proposals, presentations, articles, and more for prospective clients. You’ll also work closely with the Writer/Editor for opportunities to craft communications and marketing pieces for current clients and Team Members. You’ll be part of a dynamic and creative marketing team and collaborate with dedicated Home Office professionals, including Chefs, Sales Executives, Dietitians, and Designers.
Ready to join a sales and marketing team that’s committed to delivering quality communications?
What you do:
- Enhance and edit persuasive business development materials, sales proposals, and sales presentations.
- Follow company style guide and AP style, and ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency in content, brand identity, and tone.
- Edit various external and internal communications, including SAGE’s biannual magazine and quarterly marketing newsletter, blog posts, press releases, training materials, fact sheets, videos, and manuals.
- Enhance, edit, and maintain testimonials from clients, parents, students, and Team Members, as well as bios, menus, invitations, and ads to support sales and marketing efforts.
- Participate in Marketing Department meetings.
- Complete other duties as needed and based on workload, experience, and interest.
- Embody values of Integrity, Partnership, Extreme Ownership, Respect, Education, and Innovation in your everyday work.
What you get:
- Mission-driven culture based on extreme ownership and team mentality.
- Incredible marketing team focused on working together to develop ideas and produce material that further SAGE initiatives.
- Benefits include PTO/Life/Health/Dental/Vision/Health/401(k)/Disability.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing, English, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in editing, researching, fact-checking, and writing with proficiency in AP style.
- Experience with editing sales proposals and support material a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team.
- Great references and solid work history.
- Adobe InDesign® experience a plus.
If you decide to apply, please include a cover letter demonstrating your communications style.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for excellence.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.