General Manager ~ College Food ServiceRipon, Wisconsin
The GM manages ALL of the food service needs on the campus including managing salaried managers and the hourly team. The GM should have FOH and BOH experience. We hire candidates who are "foodies" and are knowledgeable in current food trends and nutrition.
What you need:
- Minimum five years preferred as a Dining Director OR GM with an executive chef background preferred
- Strong leadership abilities including recruiting, retaining and training team members
- Demonstrated food service management experience
- Fluency in sanitation and safety standards, including HACCP
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to wow the student population and keep them interested in menu
- Social media skills preferred
- High energy, positive attitude, superior ethics
- Familiarity with financial statements and management reporting
- Proven ability to financially manage a food service operation in a responsible manner
- Menu development skills
- Prior campus dining experience is a huge plus
- Plan high quality menus and catering events
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Recruit, hire and train the team
- Oversee all merchandising and marketing
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop and nurture client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results and exceed client expectations
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Follow and ensure SAGE standards
- Promote SAGE values of Integrity, Partnership, Extreme Ownership, Respect, Education and Innovation
Mission based company
Area manager and Regional manager promoted from within who understand operations
Benefits: Health/Life/Vision/Dental/401(k) matching/Disability
Dedicated recruiter and purchasing representative for your venue
Home office full of resources to aid you in your journey as a SAGE manager
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.