Executive Chef ~ Hands On ~ College Food ServiceRipon, Wisconsin
We are seeking Executive Chef candidates with high volume and upscale catering experience. These are year round, hands on positions.
The Executive Chef is responsible for supporting the Director with all aspects of the account: catering, service, production, sanitation, team development and financial performance.
The Executive Chef must have a passion for people and food. The Candidate will have a CAN DO!! attitude, strong communication skills, high energy and enthusiasm. The best candidate will enjoy current food trends, and have nutritional and wellness awareness. In addition, the ideal employee will have great skills: people, planning, organizational, computer, and customer service.
What you will do:
- Create cycle menus
- Aid in the management and training of staff
- Recruitment of hourly team members
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards
- Develop client and customer relationships
- Deliver fabulous catering results
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- Create a positive team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience
- Proven catering experience
- Knowledgeable in current food trends
- Community/ service minded
- Culinary degree a plus
- Energetic demeanor
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Timely responses to communication
- Proficiency with computers
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.