Assistant Food Service Director~College Food Service ~ Cafe & Retail OperationRipon, Wisconsin
If you have experience managing merchandising, POS systems, hiring and training retail personnel, menu-ing popular items and gauging the pulse of a community, while offering impeccable service, than send us your resume now. We are actively reading resumes and conducting interviews as we are opening this location very soon.
What we look for. . .
- Experienced cash/retail managers
- Engaging personalities
- Leaders, not managers
- People who are passionate about the food industry
- Knowledgeable about current food trends including allergen awareness
- Awesome references
What you will do
- Aid in general location management
- Manage the retail cafe
- Maintain HACCP standards & ensure all guidelines are being followed
- Foster community relationships
- Deliver budgeted financial results
- Create a positive team environment
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- Aid in the hiring and mentoring of the team
- Aid in ordering and inventory
- Incredible company with growth opportunities
- Mission based company of which you can be proud
- Fair compensation and benefits
- Work/life balance
- Flexibility to write menus and submit recipes
- Training and Awesome leadership team
- You will meet the owners and learn firsthand our mission
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with community
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- High energy and stamina
- Serv-Safe certified with the knowledge of food safety
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Prior retail food service management experience
- Cash management experience
- Community/ service minded
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Culinary degree a plus but not required
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
Post your resume now as we are actively conducting phone and video interviews now.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.