Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Monday - Friday
- 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Occasional weekends and evenings
- Holidays and most weekends off
- Up to 40 hrs/week, there is some overtime available.
What you get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Competitive wages paid weekly- $13.00+ per hour pending experience
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- An awesome team!
- Career growth opportunity!
- Mission-based company
What you will do:
- Interact directly with campus community in a friendly manner.
- Process cash & POS transactions
- Brew coffee & maintain the upkeep of the beverage station
- Follow from scratch recipes
- Light prep for our grab and go case
- Keep areas stocked and clean
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices.
- Show off your amazing customer service skills
- Help with catering events
What you need:
- Exceptional customer service skills - your smile is part of the uniform!
- Prior retail cashier experience
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- Multi-Tasking skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.