Experienced CookSan Francisco, California
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a full-time, reliable Cook to do high-volume production for a beautiful day school in San Francisco,CA. POSITIONS STARTS AUGUST 2020!!
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents!
We are looking for individuals that would like to get in to an entry level position with opportunity for advancement in the culinary field.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Monday - Friday
- Occasional weekends and evenings for catering events
- Follows school calendar
What you will get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Uniforms, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly $21.00 + based on experience
- Career growth opportunities
- Mission-based company
What you will do:
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Open to cross training
- Interact with campus community in a friendly manner.
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices
- Work with a great team of culinary talent
What you will need:
- Professional cooking experience
- Fabulous customer services skills; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently as a team player
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate and read in English
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.