Prep Cook ~ Summers Off ~ Private Day School!Alexandria, Virginia
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Monday - Friday
- 6:30a.m. - 2:30p.m.
- Some overtime may be offered
- Follows school schedule: summers off!
- Catering events may occur on the weekend or evenings, advance notice is given
What you get:
- Daily training
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $14/hr
- Career growth opportunity
What you'll do:
- Prepare and package meals daily
- Follow SAGE recipes
- Keep kitchen clean, stocked, and organized
- Follow food safety procedures
- Smile :)
What you need:
- Strong organizational an team skills required
- Food service experience preferred
- Solid work ethic in a fast paced environment
- Excellent references
- Flexibility and reliability
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.