Sous ChefFrisco, Texas
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an experienced Sous Chef for a beautiful private school in Frisco, TX.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefit, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Monday – Friday
- 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Occasional weekends and evenings for catering events
- Follows school calendar
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly $19.00 + per hour pending experience
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Prepare a diverse range of foods
- Interact with the campus community in a friendly manner
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Work with a great team of culinary talent
- Willing and able to do all tasks in the kitchen
- Assist Food Service Director with paper work
- Lead Cook/Sous Chef experience
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent people skills and a friendly disposition
- Ability to follow recipes in English
- Capacity to stand for long periods of time and ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Experience running a kitchen
- Strong computer skills
- Experience taking inventory and ordering products
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.