Experienced Cook ~ Weekdays ~ Scratch Kitchen!Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
Any position at SAGE can easily become a career; we promote from within and value our team's talents! Our meals are made from scratch, so you can feel good about the food you create every day.
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekends for catering events
- Follows school calendar
What you will get:
- Daily training
- Competitive salary; $18 per hour; Negotiable based upon experience
- Paid weekly
- Career growth opportunity
What you will do:
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Interact with the student and faculty community in a friendly way
- Serve food
- Follow all food safety protocols
- Work with a great team of culinary talent
What you need:
- Reliable Transportation; no public transportation nearby
- Food service experience preferred
- Fabulous customer service skills; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- Ability to communicate and read in English
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- ServSafe knowledge preferred
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunities for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.