FT Cook at beautiful Las Vegas Private SchoolLas Vegas, Nevada
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an experienced Cook for a beautiful private school in Las Vegas, NV.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
- Monday - Friday
- Expected Schedule: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Occasional weekends and evenings for catering events
- Follows school calendar
What you get:
- Paid sick time
- Competitive wages paid weekly
- Daily training
- Uniforms, shoes and masks
- An awesome team
- Career growth opportunity!
- Mission-based company.
- Professional cooking experience
- Fabulous customer service skills; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for and creativity with food.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player.
What you'll do:
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Cooking and knife skills
- Knowledge in proper food handling
- Work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Large batch production for family style service
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices.
- Assist with catering events
- Take the lead on prep and kitchen production - this is hands-on!
- Keep accurate production logs
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Interact with community
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.