Prep / Utility Beautiful Private School starting at $15.00 per hourVail, Colorado
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking a Prep / Utility for a private school dining hall in Vail, CO.
At SAGE, we don’t just serve food: we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Our accomplished Chefs design menus for each venue and prepare meals from scratch, using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. We want our guests to understand where their food was grown and how each dish was prepared.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Monday - Friday
- Occasional Weekends and evenings for catering events
- Follows school calendar
What you will get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly- $15.00+ pending experience
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company
What you will do:
- Assist Chef with daily Prep Cooking
- Assist in the kitchen as needed
- Set up server for success
- Wash cookware, equipment and kitchen between meal periods
- Keep work space clean and organized
- Stock shelves and remove trash
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices
- Show off your fabulous customer service skills
What you will need:
- Ability to stand for long period
- Prior kitchen experience preferred
- Catering skills/experience preferred
- Great attitude; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and reliability
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
We’re using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you’ll see we practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we’re sanitizing and disinfecting more frequently.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.