Cook ~ Part-Time/On-Call ~ Private School!Dallas, Texas
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- About 20-30 hrs/week
- Sunday and Friday: required morning shift
- Hours will vary
- Occasional evening and weekends for catering events
- Follows school calendar
What you will get:
- Paid sick time
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Competitive wages paid weekly-$16-18/hour; Negotiable based upon experience
- Career growth opportunity
- Mission-based company
What you will do:
- Prepare a wide variety of foods for meal service for 1,200 students and faculty
- Follow from-scratch recipes
- Interact with campus community in a friendly manner
- Follow all food and sanitation protocols in accordance with COVID-19 safety practices.
- Work with a great team of culinary talent
- Reliable transportation
- Professional cooking experience
- Fabulous customer service skills; your smile is part of the uniform!
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for and creativity with food
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- Ability to communicate and read in English
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
- ServSafe knowledge preferred
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.