Campus Dining ~ Executive Chef / Assistant Director ~ Private SchoolSt. Louis, Missouri
- produce high quality scratch batch cooking
- manage and train the kitchen team
- demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- create menus
- implement and maintain HACCP standards
- develop client and customer relationships
- deliver fabulous catering results
- communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- deliver budgeted financial results
- create a positive team environment
- manage ordering and inventory
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience, academic community experience a plus
- high volume production experience, minimum three years
- high end catering experience
- knowledgeable in current food trends
- community/ service minded
- detail oriented
- energetic demeanor
- strong work ethic and integrity
- timely responses to communication
- proficiency with computers
- culinary degree preferred but not required
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.