Food Service Worker - Houston, TXHouston, Texas
SAGE Dining Services® is seeking full time, part-time and on-call, motivated Food Service Workers with high energy and great attitudes ready for work for private schools in the Houston, TX area.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Full-Time, part-time, and on-call
- Schedules vary
- Occasional evenings and weekend catering events
- Follows school calendar
What you get:
- Uniform, shoes and masks
- Benefits for full-time positions
- Daily training
- Competitive hourly wages paid weekly $11-13/hour
- An awesome team
- Career growth opportunities
- Mission-based company
What you'll do:
- Cook positions: Follow from-scratch recipes
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Follow all food and sanitation protocol, in accordance with COVID-19 safe practices.
- Use fresh and seasonal ingredients daily
- Adapt to the daily changes in a positive manner
- Assist with all daily kitchen duties, including general cleaning, dish washing and food production.
- Interact with co-workers, students and client community in a freindly manner
- Be positive and upbeat at all times!
- Show off your amazing customer services skills
What you need:
- Professional cooking experience for Cook roles.
- Strong work ethic in a very fast-paced environment, and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to put away stock when goods are delivered
- Exceptional customer services skills—your smile is part of the uniform!
- Ability to read recipes in English
- Reliability and flexibility.
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507/19b1fa72cf
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.