Prep Cook/Server ~ Boarding School ~ Temp-to-Hire!Asheville, North Carolina
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- This position will be temporary during the fall and resume permanently in January 2021
- Full-time hours
- Weekdays & weekends
- Occasional evening & weekend catering
- Benefits, 401k & paid time off
- Strong and experienced management
- Daily training
- Uniform, shoes, & masks
- Mission-based company
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $14.00
- Career growth opportunity
- Adhere to from-scratch recipes
- Roast meats for deli
- Prepare deli salads
- Make assorted sandwiches
- Keep areas stocked and clean
- Follow all food safety protocols
- Clean and sanitize dining and service areas
- Show off your amazing customer service skills
- Some cooking & serving experience preferred
- Great knife skills preferred
- Great customer service skills
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You’d work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You’d also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.